It's been awhile since I composed my last little bit of writing so here it goes. What have I been doing? Well, there was camping or should I say, RVing with my dear hubby down in the States. Weather wise: well, we enjoyed our campfires each night, we got to use our bikes, and we didn't see a lot of rain. So....it was just a great few days away!
Yesterday we were driving down our road and spotted a coyote. We don't see too many of those (while my girlfriend had a young black bear in her backyard for about a half hour, enjoying the berries and relishing on the fresh green grass of their lawn.) After we spotted the coyote, we drove in and saw our little friendly rabbit, munching away on the buttercups. I was worried that coyote+rabbit= bad mix so kept a watch on that rabbit. It munched its way through the grass and flowers for about 2 hours and wasn't bothered, thank goodness, by any ol' ratty, nasty coyote!
I will now go into my photos and see what lovely pictures I can insert here. About a month ago dear hubby and I managed to capture some exquisite photos of a yellow Monarch butterfly (I am guessing it was a Monarch) as it hovered over our flowerpots. It would flit away and then return....an amazing sight to behold.
Now note the angle of this one:
We have been so fortunate this year to see the following, but not to just see, but also to enjoy:
deer and fawn
rabbits
coyotes
butterflies
baby owls learning to fly (screech owls?)
We also have smelt skunk, ooh, ugh.
(also trying to remember all my good old English grammar rules from dear Miss ***** at my high school. BTW, my high school had a small get together on July 16th to celebrate over four decades since graduation--days of white gloves, long dresses, and pouffy hairdos) Memories, anyone?
A dear cousin of mine used to drive us in his GTO up to the local A&W where we enjoyed our root beers in the frosty glasses--yummy, especially on a hot, muggy night.
No comments:
Post a Comment