Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What a Week!

Do you feel that getting ready for a trip is a lot of work?  I bet there are many of you out there who are like me (you are so lucky!)--super organizer or at least you would like to think you are.

We now have the rec vehicle put away safely.  That event went off without a hitch (okay, that is an 'inside joke' for any other rv'ers).  Dear hubby has winterized it too; since little field mice love to vacation in our unit while we are away, we also have to ensure that everything, and I mean, everything, is properly put away.  Those nasty little critters love to romp and play, and yes, even nest, in some of the oddest places.  Off the topic of mice and back to luggage:

We are trying to keep it light:  what is light for one person is heavy for another.  How about a carry on each, maybe 2 small backpacks (not the huge Mountain Coop ones) and 1, yes 1, 28" piece that eventually will be checked for any flights.  It seems like a lot of space but when you start packing the shoes/boots/etc. besides the clothes needed for different climates....well, the aforementioned space is now quickly dwindling.  And I tend to be Miss Pharmacist, who packs cold meds with her.  Better safe than sorry or do you all just go without the over the counter meds?  Depending on where you are travelling, those OTC meds could be very difficult to find and purchase.

Do you leave old clothes behind after your trip?  I am very open to this idea as then I can replace them with new ones,ha, ha!  Dear Hubby (is this a man thing?) finds it hard to leave clothes behind.  Even here at home, it is hard for him to 'donate' gently used items.  I have heard this is common with menfold.  Agree, disagree?

Off to start more chores but I just had to share my thoughts with you.  Please comment back when you have time.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking for myself, "old" clothes are clothes, never items to be disposed of. Applicable to all men? Probably, to all men of my acquaintance, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have you on my desktop and I will follow you as you go!! I can't wait to read all about your adventures.
    Wish I were going with you:-)

    ReplyDelete